This three piece Unity candle holder for weddings is made in Ireland.
Two lives are joined together as the two outer candles are used to light the center candle which represents the new husband and wife's life together.
The Claddagh is a famous love symbol designed in the town of Claddagh, Co. Galway by Richard Joyce back in 1689. The design is often used for wedding rings as it is based on the ring that Richard made for his bride to be. The hands are for friendship. The heart for love. The crown for loyalty. Perfect for a unity candle.
The ancient craft of pewter making was revived in Ireland by Paddy Collins in Mullingar in 1974. Paddy's son Peter now runs Mullingar Pewter, and it employs 16 people from the local area. Most of the pieces are still made in the traditional way in their workshop by Irish men and women, specially trained in the old casting methods, meticulous assembly and delicate hand finishing.
- 3 Piece Set: 1 Pillar Candle Holder and 2 Taper Candle Holders.
- Pillar Candle Holder - 3" Tall x 3 3/4" Wide.
- Two Taper Candle Holders - 4 1/2" Tall x 3 3/4" Wide.
- Candles not included.
- Gift Boxed with the Claddagh Legend
- Made in Ireland by Mullingar Pewter