12T melted butter cooled slightly
2T buttermilk powder
4 large eggs
2T real vanilla extract
1/2c Guinness Stout
2 cheap (not name brand) brownie mixes
1/2c Ghirardelli 60% Cacao bittersweet chips
1/2c Ghirardelli double chocolate bittersweet chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line bottom of 9x13 pan with parchment paper and spray or grease the sides of the pan
- On low, blend butter, buttermilk powder, and vanilla.
- Raise speed slightly and add eggs one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla and stout. Once blended, STOP mixer
- Add in both brownie mixes and mix 20 strokes (hand mixing) or 10 turns (mixer) until barely mixed.
- Toss in chips and mix 20 strokes (hand mixing) or 10 turns (mixer)
- Pour into pan and spread evenly. Bake 40-55 minutes or until the knife is ALMOST clean.
- Start frosting around the 23-minute point
- When brownies are ready, immediately invert and take parchment paper off. Then invert again onto cutting board.
- Poke hole liberally with a fork. Pour hot fudge topping over brownies. Does not need refrigeration, but will freeze and thaw.
12T Salted Butter
1/2t kosher salt
1T real vanilla extract
1/2c Irish Whiskey
1/2c Hershey Cocoa Powder
5 1/2c Powdered Sugar
- Melt butter on low in a large non-stick skillet. Add salt, vanilla, whiskey, cocoa, and whiskey. Keep on heat until bubbly and thick.
- Remove from heat and slowly add powdered sugar. Mix thoroughly
- Add back to heat and continue to whisk until smooth and pourable (like a fudge sauce).
Leave a comment